Monday, November 18, 2013

Open House this Week

This week we have our open house and it has me thinking about when I first started at Olivet
as a student. I toured the school with my parents and got excited as I imagined myself in one of the desks. Then the  long wait for September to finally come so I could be at school. It did eventually come.

I used to be a shy child so the small class sizes were a perfect fit for me. It enabled me to make friends a lot faster and not get lost in the crowd. Every teacher (even the ones who did not teach me) knew my name and I felt comfortable going to if I needed help. My home room teachers knew my strengths and weaknesses and were very good about encouraging me to do my best.

My favourite class was definitely music! Every year all the students would look forward to Spring Concert and the musical that would be the center point of the evening. Now we also have the French Show to look forward to as well as classroom productions that parents are invited to through the year.

I hope you take an opportunity to take a peek around the school and see why they love it here too!

Lindsay Mueller
Administrative Assistant and Alumna
Olivet School

For more information about Olivet School's Open House, please visit our webpage at http://olivetschool.ca/admissions/open-house/.

No comments:

Post a Comment